7200 Lake Ellenor Drive , Suite 201 & 202 | Orlando, FL 32809 | (407) 476-2050
There’s no such thing as a guarantee in digital marketing. You have to know the process that must be followed in order to generate results. It takes time and money, and even if you have thousands of dollars to spend, it still takes time to generate real sales. If you have not been seeing the results you would want from digital marketing, then it’s time to take a deeper look into what you are doing. There may be some reasons why you are not seeing quality traffic and sales including:
1. Color of ads: Believe it or not, the color of an ad is important when it comes to generating interest and sales. Blue, gray and calming colors usually do not inspire a reaction. That’s why you want to incorporate colors like yellow and orange into your ads.
2. Time consumers receive content: Why would you send an email to someone between 8 am and 10 am? Think about what you are doing at that time. You are driving to work, waiting in line for coffee, trying to get to the office and trying to get the day started. The last thing you are going to do is look at emails that are not work related.
3. How many times someone has to see your content: The average consumer needs to see your ad between 8 and 40 times before you can expect them to engage. So, should you really expect results from a single campaign?
4. Trending content gets more traffic: If there’s a trending topic in the world, try to incorporate it in your social media content or anything going out. Platforms like Facebook will give your post a little extra viewership if you are talking about something that’s trending because they feel it’s something their users will be interested in seeing.
5. Each platform generates different results: Social media does not generate sales. Email marketing does not generate sales. Banner ads do not generate sales. What generates sales is your website and placement on Google. These other platforms are used to introduce your brand and educate the consumer on a promotion you are running or information you would like to share. No one can buy from you because they receive an email. They need to go to your site and review things before making a decision. The email is just used to get them there.
6. Specific is good: When it comes to Google AdWords and SEO, don’t ignore long-term keywords. Dentist in Orlando may generate much more traffic than Affordable Dentist in Orlando, or Cosmetic Dentist In Orlando.
7. People always go back to Google: It doesn’t matter how consumers find you. They can see a banner ad, get an email or see a post you made on social media. Always anticipate that the consumer is headed back to Google to research your business before they buy from you.
8. You must be active on social media: Again, it doesn’t matter what industry you are in. You need to be active on social media. If someone researches your company and checks out your Facebook page, they may not call you if they see that you haven’t posted in years.
9. Videos must be short: Video marketing is important, but you have to produce quality videos and get your point across in the first 15-30 seconds. The reason is because most platforms will only allow that much airtime for the video and viewers won’t watch a two or three minute one.
10. Blogs can generate business years later: You must have an active blog. The reason is because it allows to not only show people that you are active, but it also gives you a unique chance of generating sales later down the road. A good blog, even if it’s a few years old, will get shared and ranked on Google. This creates the possibility of someone randomly finding it as they research.
Digital marketing is constantly changing, and the smartest businesses are the ones that stay active, cast a wide net and focus on doing the little things that may not pay off right now, but they can generate traffic and more in the future.